HTC 10 was launched by the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC a few years ago. Later, the company launched the HTC U11 as its successor. More recently, the HTC U12+ was launched as the successor to the HTC 10 and HTC U11.
Now, we know that HTC is going through the worst phase of company’s lifetime. This is because none of the HTC smartphones are selling well and even the newly launched phones are failing. This is because HTC has failed to keep the prices down for their smartphones. On the other hand, Chinese smartphone manufacturers have upped the ante.
Also, if you are an owner of the HTC 10 then you should be proud that you have the best performing HTC flagship device in your hands. Dare we say that this could also be the last flagship smartphone which performed well for HTC.
Let’s keep that aside, we are here to inform you that Android 8.1 Oreo can now be installed on your HTC 10. This is with the help of a developer named LeeDrOiD who has developed a new ROM for the HTC 10. Now, you can download this ROM on your HTC 10 right now as well. You just need to follow the instructions of installation from below. If you face any problems, feel free to comment below.
- First of all, you need to understand that it is very important to take an entire backup of your smartphone before installation of ROM. Thus, we would strongly recommend you to take a backup as well.
- Also, make sure to charge your device to at least 50% or more so that there are no problems during the installation process.
- It is also mandatory that your device is unlocked and you should have custom recovery installed. We recommend TWRP recovery to be installed on your device. If you have not installed custom recovery then do not proceed with the installation
Steps to install LeeDrOiD 10 v5.2.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo for HTC 10
- You need to read and understood the Prerequisites steps properly first of all.
- Once you have done that, make sure to complete all the Prerequisites steps. Now, we can proceed with the installation process.
- You need to go to the Downloads section above and download both the files attached above on your PC or smartphone.
- If the files are downloaded on your PC, transfer them to your smartphone for easy access.
- Once the files are transferred, you need to boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- To go to the TWRP recovery, turn off your phone and press Power + Volume Down button for about 3-5 seconds.
- Once you have entered TWRP, you need to go to TWRP’s Install section. Here, select the LeeDrOiD 10 v5.2.1 zip file that you downloaded from above.
- After that, click on the zip file and swipe right to flash the file. Now, select the GApps file as well as flash it on your smartphone
- Once you see that the zip files have been flashed, reboot into system on your HTC 10.
- You can now check from your device’s settings that your HTC 10 will be running Android 8.1 Oreo based on LeeDrOiD 10 v5.2.1